Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Red Rice with Sausage & Peppers

We've gotten back into our regular routine for a couple days now that we’re back home. This has been such a fun and enjoyable month with our trip to Salt Lake City, visit with Andy's parents, & the St. Patrick's weekend with Andy's aunt and uncle...wish I could repeat it all every month.

We’ve both had a lot going on at our work places too lately. It’s created some busy work days, but they sure do fly by!

But the months not over yet and Thursday night my Mom and sister, Sara, arrive to Durham (along with my sister's HUGE 1 year old bullmastiff, Dexter - he's a big sweetie)! I can’t wait to see them all, wish my nephews could make it too (but they have a different Spring Break than my sister does). I’m planning on treating them to a massage and a weekend of LOTS of foodie fun: Trader Joe’s, Earthfare, Durham Farmer’s Market, Whole Foods, Local Yogurt, Wine Authorities, Toast, and Watt’s Grocery!

foodblog 001

Dinner tonight was from the current issue of Everyday Food, April 2010. I wasn’t able to find the recipe posted online yet, but you basically sauté diced Italian sausage, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, salt & pepper, can of diced tomatoes, and pre-cooked rice. I added some crushed red pepper flakes too. We thought this dish was really good and we’re glad to have leftovers for tomorrow night too.

No comments: