I recently saw these on Ashley's blog, Edible Perspective and was totally intrigued. The first bite was different, in a good way; as I worked my way through this bowl I really found myself enjoying it. I think these will be fun to make on evenings when I'm craving something sweet and healthy.
• 1/4c instant oats
• 1 egg white
• 2 tsp brown sugar
• 2 tsp all-purpose flour
• 1/4t baking powder
• splash of vanilla ~1/2t
• 1/4t cinnamon
• 1T dark chocolate chunks
• 1T chopped walnuts
• 1T chopped dried cranberries
- Mash everything together until combined.
- Pat down with the back of a spoon in a bowl.
- Microwave for 45 sec on high.
- Let cool for ~30sec and slide out of the bowl.
Recipe courtesy of Edible Perspective
I have also found a favorite Green Smoothie combination that I have been consistently using and wanted to share.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
Place in a Vitamix in that order, blend working your way up to high speed and enjoy!
For a real treat, if you're a malt lover add:
- 1 rounded tablespoon of malted milk powder
It’s so delicious!! Top with granola, optional.