Wednesday, April 14, 2010

3-Minute Oatmeal Cookie

I recently saw these on Ashley's blog, Edible Perspective and was totally intrigued. The first bite was different, in a good way; as I worked my way through this bowl I really found myself enjoying it. I think these will be fun to make on evenings when I'm craving something sweet and healthy.

foodblog 012

• 1/4c instant oats
• 1 egg white
• 2 tsp brown sugar
• 2 tsp all-purpose flour
• 1/4t baking powder
• splash of vanilla ~1/2t
• 1/4t cinnamon
• 1T dark chocolate chunks
• 1T chopped walnuts
• 1T chopped dried cranberries

  1. Mash everything together until combined.
  2. Pat down with the back of a spoon in a bowl.
  3. Microwave for 45 sec on high.
  4. Let cool for ~30sec and slide out of the bowl.
  5. EAT!

foodblog 010

Recipe courtesy of Edible Perspective

I have also found a favorite Green Smoothie combination that I have been consistently using and wanted to share.

foodblog 035

  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 2 handfuls of baby spinach
  • 1 Tbsp ground flax seed

Place in a Vitamix in that order, blend working your way up to high speed and enjoy!

For a real treat, if you're a malt lover add:

  • 1 rounded tablespoon of malted milk powder

It’s so delicious!! Top with granola, optional.

foodblog 038

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh I can't wait to make this 3-minute cookie!