Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Beautiful Day

I’m having such a nice weekend. This morning, before heading to run some errands I enjoyed a green smoothie breakfast. My favorite combo has been the following:

foodblog 002

  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1/2 large banana, frozen
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 Tbsp ground flax
  • topped with granola and served in a bowl, optional

This was quite filling as I chugged it down and lasted about three hours, plenty of time for me to run to Earthfare and BJ’s Wholesale Club. I love Earthfare’s coupons that the email me – today I got an Easter Lilly for $1 and swapped my non organic shampoo for their organic brand. Thanks Earthfare!! At BJ’s I picked up some whole wheat pasta and a few new polo’s for Andy.

Once home, as shown in my last post, I enjoyed a delicious soup lunch out on our patio. I just can’t get enough of this weather though! So I took the pups for a short walk and then grabbed a book and headed to the hammock for an hour to do some light reading and a little snoozing. Before I knew it, it was time for us to get ready to meet our friends at Duke Park. I talked Andy into agreeing that we could bring the dogs!! It was our first time there and wow do they have some great slides.

foodblog 004

Ellie especially loved this one because she could climb up the steps and go down the slide all by herself.

foodblog 007

Beautiful girl!

foodblog 006

After about an hour we made our way downtown for dinner. We had plans to go to Alivia’s Bistro for their great outdoor dining spot.

foodblog 031

foodblog 010

They even provided a bowl of fresh water for the boys :D

foodblog 013

The patio was fantastic, couldn’t have asked for a more perfect night. We ordered a pitcher of beer and calamari to start us off. Both were great.

foodblog 016

I went with their spinach salad with blue cheese, candied pecans, and grilled chicken – really nice and just the right amount to be filling.

foodblog 017

Andy enjoyed the shrimp po boy with what appeared to be sweet potato fries.

foodblog 018

Our friends dishes both looked pretty fabulous too and the Chocolate Bundt Cake looked killer. Two amazing and beautiful ladies <3

foodblog 027

Enjoying my turn to entertain Ellie…the night couldn't have been any better. Thanks guys!

foodblog 025

Back home I opted to reheat and enjoy some decaf coffee with a few chocolate truffle Easter eggs and do a little blog reading.

No comments: