Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hello Dolly Blondies

First off, I wanted to mention that I was Diana’s featured reader this week on her blog The Chic Life – thanks Diana for the opportunity to be on your blog!

Diana has shared some great recipes with her readers and I have had these dessert bars bookmarked for sometime now. Since I am having a work potluck lunch tomorrow, I decided to make these blondies as my scrumptious contribution.

foodblog 019

I added a few more mix-in’s and decided to rename them “Hello Dolly” Blondies (or Seven Layer) as they remind me a lot the Seven Layer Bars, that my mom used to make growing up.

These turned out absolutely incredible, loved them!!

  • 6 ounces plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup canola oil (I'd like to try just 2 Tbsp next time)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons molasses
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 cups butterscotch chips
  • 3/4 cups chocolate chips
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
  • 1/4 cup (up to 1/2 cup) milk, added to the batter as needed

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8″x8″ baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, add in the yogurt, canola oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and molasses. Mix well.

foodblog 014

In the same bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, chips, pecans, and coconut. As the mixture starts to thicken up/combine, add as much milk as you need (but not too much) so that the batter is mixable.

Pour mixture into the 8″x8″ baking pan. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the blondies comes out clean.

Makes 16 blondies (I cut them small into 25)

foodblog 023

Lunch today was Black Bean Burgers, I stuffed one into a small pita pocket with spinach and salsa. I roasted our local, farm fresh asparagus and served that along side - both were so good.

foodblog 015

I headed outside to catch some of this beautiful mild, 70 degree weather…pure bliss = hammock and a good magazine, this time my selection was the current issue of “Everyday with Rachael Ray”.

foodblog 025

No comments: