Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tex-Mex Burgers and Buttercrunch Lettuce

Before heading out to the farms yesterday we had hamburger patties topped with guacamole (lemon juice, jalapeno, garlic, s&p) and blue cheese crumbles.

foodblog 084

My sweet boy Finley is also a foodie, just like his mom. He wanted to help cook the burgers as you can see.

foodblog 082

I agree with him, they really did smell quite good with garlic, salt, and pepper seasonings.

foodblog 083

Today for lunch, I had a lot of beautiful butter crunchlettuce and use a few of the larger leafs for Asian Chicken & Shrimp Wraps. I sautéed a few chicken strips, bell peppers and shrimp in a soy, hoisin, and toasted sesame sauce.

foodblog 153

For dinner I went back to the buttercrunch as a base for a big bowl of salad. My favorite way to top a salad is with a combination of fruit, nut and cheese. This one had dried cranberries, chunked apples, bleu cheese, and pecans. The dressing was a poppy seed recipe from the cookbook “Clean Food”. A blend of EVOO, red wine vinegar, shallots, agave nectar, salt, and poppy seeds.

foodblog 156

No comments: