Friday, April 16, 2010

We're Elated!

Andy got huge news yesterday, he has a new job!! We are so, so, so, SO happy that he was the top candidate after a recent interview (for a job he has wanted for quite some time). He now has a PERMANENT position with the government, in a job that he'll love.
He's been with the EPA for just over 3 years doing a biologist post doctoral position in toxicology. He had about 10 months left on his post doc...and then...honestly we didn't even want to think about what the "and then" would be...and now we are so thankful that we finally know the answer. This new position means a lot to us - we can finally feel a real sense of security and be inspired to take part in our community. An enormous amount of pressure and stress has just been lifted off of Andy's shoulders (and mine too). I can't wait to start enjoying our "home" with my uber happy husband.

Andy celebrated by purchasing a new mp3 player, a Dell Zune. We also plan to pick up a nice bottle of champagne from Wine Authorities tomorrow while were out at the Durham Art Walk and have a celebratory brunch at Piedmont. We're headed to Revolution in less than two weeks for my b-day dinner too...I guess I'll let him celebrate a bit that night too ;P

5 comments:

Meg @ Be Fit Be Full said...

Congrats, congrats! I hope you and Andy have something fun planned to celebrate!

leandra said...

Hooray, glad to hear it! Where are you guys going to celebrate?

Jessica @ JJsVinBlanc said...

He celebrated by purchasing a new mp3 player, a Dell Zune. We plan to pick up a bottle of champagne from Wine Authorities tomorrow while were out at the Durham Art Walk and as we're wander around we'll probably pick a place downtown to enjoy. We're headed to Revolution in a few days for my b-day dinner too...I guess I'll let him celebrate a bit that night too ;P

Rachel said...

Congrats!

Elizabeth Edith said...

Aw, congrats!!!! That's awesome for you guys! I was an intern at the EPA in RTP at the office of air quality planning and standards (OAQPS) a few years ago over the summer, and it's an awesome place :) I loved the trail around the lake, although they have a million geese around all the time!

We're thinking about the art walk tomorrow too, or maybe Sunday. I want to see all the pottery at the DPAC. Happy weekend!