Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Almond Crusted Flounder

I had a delicious lunch with my friend Lillian this afternoon back at Revolution, but unfortunately I didn’t have my camera with me. They had a Yellow Tomato Gazpacho on the menu that was topped with Rock Shrimp and Avocado. I really enjoyed it – this is the year of gazpacho for me.

Dinner tonight was fish crusted in crunchy almond and herb coating. Crush a almonds, add in fresh thyme, lemon zest, cayenne, salt and pepper. Press onto fillets and back at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Finish off with a squeeze of lemon. (Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger.) We had roasted Yukon gold potatoes and green bell pepper along side.

foodblog 044 

I love it when the Wednesday farmers market starts back up in dinner, which it did this month. Last week I was thrilled to find a couple local zucchini’s already available. This week I picked up some local asparagus to use this weekend in a brunch item. I also got a local Strawberry-Almond Tartlet for dessert tonight. Three more weeks until the owner of Scratch, Phoebe Lawless, opens her bakery in downtown Durham. I’ll be there on opening day to experience the excitement, if at all possible.

foodblog 041

No comments: