Yum, yum, yum!
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 4 4-ounce thin skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine (preferably whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold low-fat milk (1%)
- 1/2 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 clove garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the zucchini, cover and cook until tender, stirring, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat another tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Cook the pasta in the boiling water as the label directs. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water; return the pasta to the pot.
Meanwhile, whisk the flour and low-fat milk in a bowl. Place the remaining 1 clove garlic and 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat, 30 seconds. Add the flour-milk mixture and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the evaporated milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the cheese; stir to melt, 1 minute.
Cut the chicken into strips. Toss with the pasta, sauce, zucchini and parsley, adding the reserved pasta water to loosen.
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! You're the best, love you!!
and also to all those inspiring women in my life!!