We enjoyed the chipotle chicken cheesesteak filling wrapped into a burrito tonight. The thin whole wheat tortilla really allowed the natural cheese, chicken, and chipotle flavors to come through strongly. Along with the wrap we had a big salad with the remainder of our CSA buttercrunch lettuce – see below.
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces chicken cutlets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 (2-ounce) submarine or hoagie rolls
1. Remove 1 chile and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can; mince chile. Set chile and sauce aside. Reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and thyme; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in chile and adobo sauce; cook 30 seconds. Add chicken and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Divide mixture evenly among rolls.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light
Lady Pink apple chunks, brie cheese, and raisins with balsamic vinaigrette over buttercrunch lettuce.
Planning to catch-up on The Office season finale and do some more reading of “The Happiness Project” tonight.