Sunday, June 27, 2010

Durham Dining: Fish Shack

Always so much fun when we’re able to get together with Kristin & Laurence. We met over at the Fish Shack for dinner last night, a recently opened new spot that Andy and I had yet to try. It was exactly what a fish shack should be - the food options were plentiful but not overwhelming, the ordering was easy and our order was ready quickly.

I ordered the rock shrimp basket with coleslaw and fries, I never order fries and figured why not give into my craving.

foodblog 047

I also requested corn tortillas and fresh salsa on the side so that I could make myself shrimp tacos, since that wasn’t an option on the menu. This method worked out great. I topped a couple shrimp tacos with the salsa and enjoyed one with coleslaw.

foodblog 048

Our orders also came with hushpuppies :) 

foodblog 049

After our seafood feast, we headed over to Local Yogurt, for the best dessert in town. I ordered a small with half plain, half peanut butter and topped with bananas, blueberries, and dark chocolate curls. Yummmmm!

foodblog 050

We finished up the night back at our friends house where we had a nice evening playing a couple rounds of hearts…followed by a late night cheese course: blue cheese, fig goat cheese, & fresh raspberries…

No comments: