Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grilled Sharp Cheddar & Avocado Sandwich

I had planned to bake salmon tonight and serve it over quinoa…but I’ll be saving that for another night as I decided to go with my craving instead. Warm, gooey, bread and cheese…with buttery avocado slices. This really hit the spot!

foodblog 016

  • buttered bread (outsides)
  • avocado slices
  • good quality sharp cheddar cheese slices

foodblog 011

Layer and put sandwich together with buttered tops on the outside. “Grill” in a non stick skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Slice and serve warm.

foodblog 012

Brinkley's Farm Spring CSA - Week 8

foodblog 014

  • 4 ears white sweet corn $2.00
  • 2 lbs green beans $4.00
  • 2 lbs red tomatoes $4.00
  • 1 lb cucumbers $1.50
  • 1 green pepper $0.75

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I am late with my CEiMB post as well. But I plan to make it this weekend. This sandwich looks fantastic. I have never heard of avocado with cheese on a sandwich! I have to try it as I love both.