Friday, June 4, 2010

Scratch Bakery’s ovens are HOT!

A joyous moment, that I’ve been waiting a long time for, occurred this morning…just take a walk down Orange St in Durham and you’ll find…

foodblog 043

that Scratch Bakery (pale yellow building on the left) opened their doors today for a soft opening!!

foodblog 045

The donut muffins (buttermilk or chocolate) are baked and covered with a crunchy sugar coating. I love the buttermilk and today decided to try the chocolate variety.

foodblog 044

It was fantastic as well, the sugar coating is scrumptious and the interior is very tender, I was happily surprised to find chocolate chips inside them as well. I’ll be walking over for short afternoon breaks and lunches during the day and am excited to see what baked goods I find each time.

(Check out Matt’s posting from this morning for even more details. [Hi Matt!]  I’ve been following Matt’s posts online, and we both attended Farm to Fork a couple weeks ago…but still yet we hadn’t had the opportunity to meet. I wasn’t a bit surprised to walk into Scratch this morning and find that he was there enjoying the fresh Counter Culture coffee and muffins as well)

Brinkley's Farm Spring CSA - Week 6

foodblog 041

  • 2 lbs squash $4.00
  • 1 lb zucchini $2.00
  • 1 head cauliflower $2.00
  • 1 bunch celery $1.50
  • 1 qt yukon gold potatoes $2.50

I’ll be back soon with a recap on dinner back at Four Square.

1 comment:

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) said...

Aw shucks, I so wish I could have been there for the grand opening!!