Very nicely balanced and delicious dinner tonight.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, plus more for cooking if needed
- 1/2 cups bulgur
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 skinless salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Lemon wedges (optional), for serving
- In a medium pot, heat teaspoon oil over medium-high. Add bulgur and stir to coat. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cups water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed, 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff bulgur with a fork and stir in scallion.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining a teaspoons oil over medium-high. Pat salmon fillets dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. When oil is hot, add fillets to skillet. Cook until salmon is opaque throughout, about 3 minutes per side, flipping once. Divide bulgur among plates and top with fish. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Topped with leftover chipotle cherry sauce
Recipe courtesy of Everyday Food
Brinkley's Farm Spring CSA - Week 9
Homemade salsa is in my future, first attempt this weekend!
- 6 anahiem peppers $1.50
- 2 lbs red potatoes $2.00
- 2 lbs red tomatoes $4.00
- 1 lb roma tomatoes $2.00
- 1/2 lb green beans $1.25
- 1/2 lb yellow wax beans $1.25