Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chickpea and Tomato Salad

This weekend is all about body restoration and healing. I’m keeping my cooking plan light & healthy with items such as Greek yogurt, berries, green smoothies, and bright colorful salads such as this one.

foodblog 050

  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 3 cups cooked chickpeas (or 3 cans)
  • 1 jalapeno, minced
  • 1/2 cup pesto
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • salt & pepper

foodblog 047

Toss together, chill, and eat! This can also be served at room temperature.

Along with several at home restorative yoga sessions planned for this weekend, I found that a dose of silliness does so much for the soul and simply makes me happy. While making the above salad I danced barefooted in my pj’s to a little Debbie Gibson, Journey, Paula Abdul and Meat Loaf, among others. It brought me right back to the 80’s when I was a little girl dancing in my bedroom. Fun!

foodblog 048

1 comment:

Liz said...

looks great with the pesto!!