Thursday, September 16, 2010

Basic Chai Tea

In the colder months, I like having special hot drink mixes on hand, normally it’s hot chocolate but currently I’m finding this chai tea blend quite nice.

foodblog 037

  • 3/4 cup dry black tea
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • milk
  • agave or honey
  1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Put in a bag or other container to store.
  2. Use 1 teaspoon tea mix per 3/4 cup water (or so, depending on your preference).
  3. Fill glass about 2/3 full with tea, 1/3 with milk, and add a bit of sweetener.

Original Recipe

2 comments:

Sakshi said...

I generally make a mix with instant tea, dry milk and the spices to drink at the office. It is not as great as brewing and making your chai from scratc, but it warms me up on a chilly winter morning.

TeaLady said...

Masala Chai is my all time fav when it comes to hot tea. This is similar to the recipe I use, but just different enough to make me want to try your version.