Loved using naan as a pizza crust base, it heated nicely in the oven and even got a little crunchy on the edges. It made for a great individual sized portions. The prosciutto and mango chutney sauce were a nice treat too.
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet mango chutney
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled paneer cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- A glug extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 frozen naan bread (recommended: Trader Joe's)
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
In a small saucepan, combine the tomato paste, mango chutney, minced garlic, and water over medium heat, until well combined. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes and then remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, paneer, red pepper flakes, cilantro, green onion, ground cumin and extra-virgin olive oil. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add more red pepper flakes if you like it spicy!
Arrange the naans on a cookie sheet. Divide the tomato-mango chutney sauce evenly among the naans, spreading to coat the top. Evenly divide the cheese mixture among the naans. Throw in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisped around the edges.
Meanwhile, tear the prosciutto into small pieces. When the pizzas are ready, top them with the fresh prosciutto. Cut each naan into 4, and serve!
The pups love the fall-like weather we’ve been having. We catch them sun bathing every time we let them out in the backyard.