Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Prepared Family Dinners

Several months ago I heard about Foster's Market "Family Dinners".  They have different sized shares, but for my husband and I (a couples share) it is $100 for 5 made-from-scratch meals where all we need to do is reheat them. It also comes along with a large salad, some type of bread, and dessert (rotates weekly to go along with the menu). Plus, they have a daily vegetarian offering, kids items, and a couple other entrées available to add on. I placed my order last Friday for the following and picked it up Monday evening. (I meant to take a photo of it all packaged up so neatly, but came home and on auto-pilot immediately started putting it all away - next time).

  • Beef Lasagna
  • Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
  • Rosemary Port Roasted Pork Loin
  • Bulgur Wheat and Grilled Vegetable Casserole with Chevre
  • Penne Pasta with Roasted Eggplant, Spinach, Onions and Capers with a Balsamic Red Wine Sauce
  • Garden Salad with Buttermilk Ranch
  • Baguette
  • Assorted Fresh Baked Cookies

Since I do cook 2-3 times a week, I plan to freeze the beef lasagna and rosemary port pork loin for sometime next week, use the bulgur wheat with grilled veggies as a lunch item, and have the chicken & mushroom risotto and penne pasta with garden salad as dinner items this week. I am also already thinking ahead and planning to order in advance several items for us to take along for our upcoming beach trip.

No comments: