- 1 cup of all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of butter, softened (I used 1/2 c butter, 1/2 cup canola oil)
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 cups (12 oz package) of white chocolate morsels
- 2/3 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts, toasted
Combine the flour, spices, and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside. Beat the butter and sugars in a large mixer until creamy. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla until well mixed. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 11-14 minutes. Let the cookies stand for 2 minutes. Remove them from the baking sheets and let cool completely on wire racks. Makes 2 dozen.
Recipe given to me by Liz Mockbee