Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kelly’s Peanut Butter Fudge

My best friend Kelly Winebarger shared this recipe with me back in high school and it’s been my go to fudge recipe ever since. I haven’t made it in a couple years, but so glad my pregnancy cravings pulled this one back up to my memory. (She also has a wonderful peanut butter pie recipe that I will have to share sometime too.)

Topsail Nov 2010 073

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1 1/3 c peanut butter (used natural)
  • 1 7oz jar marshmallow crème
  1. In a saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil; boil for 3 minutes.
  2. Add peanut butter and marshmallow crème, mix well.
  3. Quickly pour into a buttered 8-in square pan; chill until set. Cut into squares

Yields 3-4 dozen

Topsail Nov 2010 074

I’m pretty pleased with myself for getting back into cooking this week. Earlier in the week I made us two nights worth of taco salads (romaine, ground chorizo, tomatoes, avocados, and corn chips); Friday night a made a homemade pizza (chicken sausage, green onions, green olives, mozzarella and goat cheese); Saturday morning two dozen hanky panky on split English muffins, peanut butter fudge; and finally this morning banana flax pancakes and gingerbread cookies!!

I also happened to be at the grocery store at just the right time yesterday morning and the florist gave me this free bouquet of flowers, as they were deemed no longer sellable – but they are gorgeous and smell wonderful!

Topsail Nov 2010 076 Pregnancy 2010 004

Finally, we got an 1 inch of snow in North Carolina yesterday afternoon, during the UK game. It was beautiful to watch come down and we got to enjoy it all evening.

Winter 2010 (6) Winter 2010 (1) Winter 2010 (3)

1 comment:

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) said...

I can't believe NC got snow!!!!

I also can't believe UNC lost to UK. How do you feel about that??? :)