Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nursery Furniture

After reading several articles recently, including this one by Sara Snow, I really wanted to get a jump start on “airing out” our baby furniture and that meant not waiting until the last month or two to have it in place. I had read 6 months was best, while unfortunately we won't be getting quite that, I am happy that at least we will have a good solid 3-4 months.

So recently Andy and I went nursery furniture shopping. The chain baby stores had some pretty nice looking stuff, but I really wanted to purchase as high quality items that we could afford and if at all possible support a local business. After a couple days of thinking, I recalled that we had an unfinished furniture shop in town, Rockwood Furniture. Thankfully, this was our one and only stop as we found items that we absolutely love and can’t wait to have delivered.

We chose a really nice, beautiful set of pine furniture (crib, dresser and chest) and our having it stained in Black Cherry. We should receive it in about 4-5 weeks.

image

Convertible Crib

Chest

Dresser

No comments: