At Andy's request...and it was very good!
- 3/4 pounds beef sirloin fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon style mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound extra wide egg noodles
- Chopped parsley leaves, garnish
In a stock pot, boil water. Once boiling add salt and cook noodles to package directions. Drain.
Slice meat into 1/2-thick by 2 -inch long very thin strips (I had my butcher do this) and season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter, then add the meat, mushrooms, and onion and cook over high heat until brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes total. Remove to cutting board and allow to rest.
In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook with flour 1 minute. Whisk in broth. Thicken 1 minute. Stir in mustard and sour cream, thicken 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and season sauce with salt and pepper. Add meat, mushrooms and onions to the sauce, along with the noodles; stir to combine.